View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 AM  
RevTKS69
Confirmed User

Questions for a new site

I am a new webmaster starting my very first adult website. In fact, I just starting learning to code HTML in November. I am a hardware geek, and familiar with general software, but I had never done anything with web pages except surf 'em. So, needless to say I've got a lot to learn.

My page is up, but you can tell its a 'first page' type of effort and if you look at the underlying code you'll be amazed at how closely it resembles a plate of spaghetti. I'm trying to run a blog on the site as well...I'm using wordpress for that section of the site so of course it has a completely different theme from the rest of the site. Seriously, it's sad. I have hopes of cloning my cleaned up code and moving it into the wordpress templates in the near future...and I have discovered the way wordpress splits the sections of the page into separate files...which just made my life so much easier Oh, and my gallery templates suck.

So assuming the stuff I had above, I had some questions:

Is it better to have one long, continuous 'main' page (which is generally what I have now), or is it better to split content out across multiple similiar pages (main1, main2, etc.)?

If I create the gallery templates, they'll be plain and simple...should I get someone to make some for me?

I have some video content I want to use, what format of video is recommended and about how long should the clips be?

I had intended to make this a paysite, but I really don't have much original content yet...so I am using mostly sponsor promotional stuff and hoping for conversions for right now. Any help or insight on how to get myself out of this mess would be appreciated...as in how to go either in the freesite or paysite direction.

Any other tips and suggestions would be appreciate as well.

The site is www dot sexy schiava dot com - an amateur BDSM site - Thanks everyone!

Last edited by RevTKS69; 12-10-2008 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: missing words
RevTKS69 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook