View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM  
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoy? View Post
Easiest way to get around the booster antenna is to have a guy come in and run a CAT 5 cable to the upstairs router to give it the signal it needs.
It's not the best thing to have that thing around you all day.
We had an accesss point at work next to someone and she insisted they move it from where it was (just above her head) because she was worries.
To run one CAT 5 cable should cost no more then 100-150 dollars and it's no more then an hour's work presuming that the seperation between the two apartments are not concrete at which point it would take a bit longer to drill.
Make sure the guy does a nice job and fishes the cable behind the wall so you can't see it except the two small holes ( no pun intended ) which the cable goes in and out of.
Hope this helps and stay warm, I heard you got a ton of snow in Vancouver.
Ciao Bella.
Yes, we would do that if we could, but there's discrepancies between who owns what, etc etc. Ideally I would wire the entire place.

The snow finally melted today, but I just got back from the grocery store and it's sleeting with huge winds. Argh. I'm tired of winter.
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote