View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM  
Elli
Reach for those stars!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
Wow, surprised how this thread turned out.

Usually when I tell people that cell phones give me headaches they roll their eyes so I just always preface it by saying I'm a weirdo.

Funny story. I was mountain biking and met up with this old timer. We struck up a conversation and it turned out he was a pretty high up engineer with Motorola in the early days of cell phones. He said they examined the possible health risks of cell phones and the overwhelming theory among the engineers is that it was in fact dangerous but they felt that since cell phones would be used rarely and only for a few minutes at a time that it would not be an issue. For the younger kids, remember that cell phones use to cost several dollars a minute in the very early days!

They really never imagined that every kid and every adult would use one as their full time phone.
Woah. See, it's stories like that that make me lose faith in capitalism somewhat.

Uhhh.. we're running G here. Good to know about the microwaves.
Elli is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote