View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 PM  
munki
Do Fun Shit.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media View Post
I get your fear, well yes and no. I have seen people pass out though from the sight of needles. Oddly it was never something that even made me flinch. Feeling wise what used to get me was the taking the IV out. It just feels very funny as it is sliding out of your arm.

Oh wait, have you ever seen a pick line? I just had one removed this week. They numb your inner arm up a little bit first and then go after the artery in your arm near your inner bicep. Anyways the line they leave in is this blue monster about as round as the ink container in a ball point pen and about a foot long or so. Also when they put the line in and feed in the tube, then they Xray you to check for placement and then slide out this long ass metal wire - leaving in the plastic tubing. When they change the dressing each week it also has to be a fully sterile procedure. Anyways when they take it out for good, they apply pressure and then begin to slide out the tubing and it has that same feeling as removing an IV but it is a fucking foot long. Had to share.
Thinking about that quite literally turned me pale... fuuuuckkk that dood.

Wierdest thing with the needles and stitches with me too... it's not the pain... its straight up head game and I know it. A needle prick is shit, my tats and old hockey injurys hurt way more than a needle ever did... but I'd still rather break an arm again or slice something open then have a needle prick. Fucking hate themmm.

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde
munki is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote