View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM  
AaronM
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOTER View Post
The wife and I are going on one in a few weeks .. Any Tips ?

We are going to - Cozumel Mexico ,Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios Jamaica.

What are the must see spots?

I only hope you did not book Carnival.

Beyond that:

Shopping: Cozumel has some great shopping, especially jewelry. The same can be said for Ocho Rios but gold is usually a little cheaper there. Grand Cayman is usually the more expensive of the 3 for shopping but if you like cigars, pick yourself up some "Cayman Crowns." Also the Tortuga Rum there is most excellent and worth bringing a bottle or two home. In most places, NEVER pay the asking price.

Things to do: Avoid the tourist beaches in Jamaica as well as any of the boating activities near the beaches. A lot of pushy drug traffic around there, yes even on the boats. Dunn's River Falls is still worth the time though. Snorkeling and diving are better in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The ruins outside of Cozumel are OK but they will take away your entire port stay and IMHO there are way better things to do. Don't get drunk and walk off the pier at Fat Tuesdays...<----Not that I have EVER done such a thing. ;) In Grand Cayman, take the time to go out to the Stingray Sandbar. It's an amazing experience and will still allow pleny of time for other activities while there. Maybe even visit the turtle farm in Hell and send a few postcards from there. Cozumel and Grand Cayman are 2 of the better dive locations in the Western Caribbean. Depending on how much time you have in port, you can never go wrong with a sunset catamaran cruise in any tropical location.
AaronM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote