View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 PM  
DukeSkywalker
The Boogeyman

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS - Ben View Post
You don't offer a pay-by-check option out of fear of losing a little bandwidth and some content?! LOL!

If you don't mind me asking, how many signups a day do you do?

You can not use any ABA & Account number and/or randomly use someones name & address (without having to verify very pertinent, personal info) and have the transaction processed through our system. In fact, I'd encourage you to try and beat our join pages!

It seriously amazes me how many webmasters are deathly afraid of a surfer getting a "free ride" and don't take check signups because of it. Even if the return rate is 20%, the other 80% is additional money you wouldn't have had in the first place. There's no possible way the 20% of checks that didn't clear used up enough bandwidth to eat your profit off the other 80%. None of the big programs have stopped taking checks. Maybe you should think about why that's the case.
Ben, with all due respect, I have been on this issue for a long time. I have years of data of the same 30 people getting into my backend via online checks. I pulled checks and more than 50% of my pirating stopped.
As far as your quote, "It seriously amazes me how many webmasters are deathly afraid of a surfer getting a "free ride" and don't take check signups because of it." trust me when I tell you that there are gangs of these pirates that will all join in the same day (usually the day of an update) pillage your members area, and send it up to rapidshare. That's the truth and they know online checks is a way in.
If you tightened up your gateway, I would use checks again for sure.
Duke
I am he who causes Falcons to soar due south but no winds caused me.
I am he who has eyes, but not to see.
I am the ring wearer and apron wearer
I am he that carries a pointed staff and raises his fellows with certain grips and words
I am he that knows my brethren in the darkness as well as in the light

Mechanic / Fixer. Literally and figuratively
DukeSkywalker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote