View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:34 PM  
SilentKnight
Megan Fox's fluffer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
Something like that was happening to me until I was told to change the way I sit at the computer, something like strain on the tendon causing a slow tendonitis or tendonosis because of the way I crossed my ankles and just let my feet sit upside down while I worked.

I had to teach myself to sit with my feet flat on the ground and see if the tendon (my left foot was most affected) eventually mended itself, otherwise it was immobilization, drugs and physio.

Was this your case or was it completely mysterious?

:D
I chalk it up to just repetitive strain injury - the excessive amount of walking I do. The Niagara escarpment trails are extremely rugged terrain at the best of times, lots of loose rock, climbing, etc.

It may be somewhat related to torn ligaments and cartiledge (twice) in the ankle about 30 years ago - perhaps catching up and manifesting itself in the achilles tendon. The ankle has always been rather weak after the cartiledge problems.

Tough to say for sure. I do tend to sit in a lot of contorted positions at the computer for long periods...but I don't think that's the root cause of the probs.

Thanks for the input, tho.

Last edited by SilentKnight; 05-28-2009 at 05:36 PM..
SilentKnight is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote