View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 PM  
harvey
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous View Post
I grabbed a copy of awiz 2 or so weeks ago. Got the newset version. Here is my take on the software:

Pros:
1. no monthly fee
2. price is less then most setup fees
3. the manual i got was perfect english.
4. lots of nice fetures in the newest version
5. templates seem to be pretty easy to work with
6. did i mention no monthly fee ;)

cons:
1. does not automatically transcode videos so you have to upload all formats which is a pain.

I have only played with it for a few weeks still maping stuff out and trying to absorb all the info in the manuel. But for the price if your on a budget it might me a good start point.
yuo can do transcoding, cropping and manipulation with ffmpeg, however it's weird that a CMS doesn't include that by default nowadays

anyway, you only need something like this:

Code:
$ ffmpeg -i video.mpg -ar 22050 video.flv
that will force not only the transcoding to flv, but the sound bitrate as well since ffmpeg only use 3 audio bitrates by default

do you want cropping?

Code:
$ ffmpeg -i video.mpg -croptop 20 -cropbottom 20 -padcolor 000000 -target flv -aspect 16:9 video.flv
you can also take previews, make time based virtual clips and such.

However, as I said, IMHO this should be included by default in any CMS