View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 05:36 AM  
Shoplifter
Richest man in Babylon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Dan View Post
I heard a rumor that a number of banks are increasing their denial rates for high risk processing, but of course they are only rumors.

I've been hearing this sort of talk for a long time. Even Rick Latona said:

"On the audience front, we’ve learned over the weekend that the adult business is in worse shape than we thought. We had already known that they were reeling in pain from so many free tube sights out there but apparently in the last couple of months (I’m told since October) revenue has fallen off a cliff for most of them. The reason, I’m told, is that the IPSPs or Internet Payment Service Providers, whom process credit cards for adult sites, have doubled the amount of credit card transactions they aren’t accepting. I suppose due to bank pressures and non-paying card holders suffering from the economy that charge back ratios are at an all time high."

Source: http://domainnamewire.com/2009/04/05...omain-auction/

I see it with some processors more than others. As well as signups there also seems to be some sort of algorithm in place for declining rebills from certain banks or for certain circumstances. I can see sizable differences in the probability of rebilling amongst the IPSP's we use. The thing that has been worrying me most is these declined rebills. We are getting more and more support emails from surfers wondering why their accounts no longer work.

No one really knows what's going on, and I doubt you will ever find out.

Last edited by Shoplifter; 06-15-2009 at 05:38 AM..
Shoplifter is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote