View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 PM  
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Idea for smaller programs

Larger programs can pretty much buy their traffic and they easily build marketing arrangements with other large programs, what about the smaller guys?

Here's just a quick brainstorm on how smaller dudes can get a shot at all that yummy fragmented traffic: build your own n00b traffic army. Instead of trying to compete with the big guys regarding "bigger, badder" FHG databases, feeds, and other standard stuff why not offer tools that will convert noob users into an army of promoters?

Examples: Free seo tools, free site builders based on niche, free tools that leverage social media, link cloaking tools, free tools to pimp forum traffic, etc.

These all operate on the key fact that the internet is flooded with content and people interested in that content already congregate and participate in communities. Why not turn some of those consumers into marketers? Mainstream already does this, maybe smaller adult sites can use some of these tricks as well. Maybe its time to move past the old paradigms of webmaster affiliate recruitment to account for user-centered evolution of the web (Web 2.0 and beyond). Content has become more user-centered, isn't it time affiliate programs go in that direction as well when it comes to webmaster recruitment?

If you need any more free ideas on developing this, email me at [email protected] with the subject line of NOOB ARMY so I know what you're referring to.

For the haters and critics, start blasting. I look forward to your critiques to finetune this idea. Nothing strengthens steel more than the fires of hater hell.
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote