View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM  
Janak
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchyAdmin View Post
I'd never make such a public accusation - for one, they have a hell of a lot more money than I do. But, no, that's not where I was going.

I'm just saying that with their TOS, they can, and will state specific affiliates as 'non-productive' and change their payout from Bangin' PPS to FuckYouGoAway CPM, despite that traffic working wonderfully with their competitors.

This is just my personal view as a former webmaster, and I know I'm not the only one.
Well, I've definitely heard of people being switched from PPC to PPS (not from PPS to CPM... though who knows? Sagi could probably field that one) but yeah. The thing is: don't sent them complete shit?

I know you're saying it's traffic that owns elsewhere, and I guess not all traffic is created equal, but I've never had it happen that I've found my traffic does better anywhere else, and I've been through a crapload of sponsors (and a crapload of traffic sources). My advice would be that if you can find a better deal, take it. I've been in this business a long time now and I haven't found one. And all the adult affiliate guys I know who are really ballin' are doing it on the back of AFF.

*shrug*