View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 PM  
st0ned
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Photography Equipment Questions... (photographers please help)

I am in the midst of putting together plans to launch a couple of solo girl sites. Marketing is my gig and I know nothing about photography. I don't plan to buy any content but instead plan to shoot my own with local girls that I know. I currently have a Cannon Rebel XT for personal use and I would assume I am looking for a higher quality camera for this project.

So, if you were in my position, with limited to no photography skills, what would you suggest I start with? I would like to get a good camera as well as an HD camcorder. I have a budget of 4-5k (obviously I would be willing to invest more once I am more comfortable with my photography skills).

Is lighting an essential part of the picture? I have done quite a bit of personal shooting with my Cannon around the house with various girls without the use of lights that turned out pretty good.

Basically I am looking for advice on what to start with using 4-5k as a starting budget. If that should include camera and camcorder or also the addition of some basic lighting? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
st0ned is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote