View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:26 PM  
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
I am in the midst of putting together plans to launch a couple of solo girl sites. Marketing is my gig and I know nothing about photography. I don't plan to buy any content but instead plan to shoot my own with local girls that I know. I currently have a Cannon Rebel XT for personal use and I would assume I am looking for a higher quality camera for this project.

So, if you were in my position, with limited to no photography skills, what would you suggest I start with? I would like to get a good camera as well as an HD camcorder. I have a budget of 4-5k (obviously I would be willing to invest more once I am more comfortable with my photography skills).

Is lighting an essential part of the picture? I have done quite a bit of personal shooting with my Cannon around the house with various girls without the use of lights that turned out pretty good.

Basically I am looking for advice on what to start with using 4-5k as a starting budget. If that should include camera and camcorder or also the addition of some basic lighting? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
go with what you know.... for amature content the camera you have will be fine. you can pick up a servicable HD cam for $600-$1200. I would go for a hd vid cam that shoots to card.

spend your money on a good quadcore for editing the HD, some simple work lights for the video and maybe 2 alien bees for camera work... hit me with an email if you need more details -bmb
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote