View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:33 PM  
st0ned
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy2 View Post
if you're on a super slim budget like me get a few canon GL1s/GL2s (i have 3 of them), a wide angle lens, about 10 spare batteries and at least 2 chargers, and a decent on cam light. you can get all of this for under 2 grand if you scour ebay and craigslist. nobody has mentioned you need backup cams, batteries, etc. shit WILL break during shoots and you dont want to be all ass out with no footage when equipment doesn't act right. I would say buy 2 nikon d40s instead of 1 d80/d90. double up on your gear and you will always get your scenes done. 1 camera is too close to no cameras. and lastly another point nobody mentioned, if you do buy some new shit, get it at a REAL store like b&h or walmart or somewhere legit. I ordered my first nikon slr from soniccameras.com and they sent me a "grey market" d40. i dropped it off the table and the shutter stuck. sent it to nikon and they didn't fix it because it was grey market.... so keep all that in mind when you're shopping on a budget.
Some VERY good tips in regards to additional equipment, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media View Post
Will do. Wife is supposed to hit the storage garage today for me. So will let everyone know, just he has first crack.
I appreciate that ASM!
st0ned is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote