View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:19 PM  
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Location: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
Thanks ASM for looking into that for me. Honestly this skin on gfy leads me to believe that the pay site model wont be lasting much longer, kinda having second thoughts on starting sites. Give me like a day please to let you know on the alien bees, otherwise the second guy can take them.

Do you still have the Sony miniDV? I have been thinking more and more about getting that for home videos of my kids.
Yeah I do still have it. It has been listed on craigslist but so far I had only been getting scam paypal offers on it. No plans on bumping it on there anytime soon.

Can understand the concerns about the tube issues and the paysite model. I personally disagree (honestly if you do not buy my thoughts would not change) with the idea of the pay site model wont last much longer.

I am sure you have seen how others have spoken about protecting their content, that is one way to know they will stick around. Unique/Exclusive will always have a market just like microniche will. As a business standpoint you should also think of all of the ways you can make money from your content. It all does not depend 100% on the membership model. You can supplement it with VOD and Clip sales, especially if you understand and can add in a niche or microniche into your sites (guessing solo sites perhaps).

Money wise I still would find it hard for someone who knows what they are doing loosing money on a paysite even in todays market. You could start with pure clips for instance. Invest in a camera, lighting, possibly some props (clothing, niche stuff, toys), for under 2k. Hire some models, shoot out a bunch of niche material for the clip stores and building a multi model niche site. Figure the starting budget for models and contracts was another 3k. I can almost guarantee that you would be back in the black within 6 months and have doubled your money at least by the end of the year. Honestly if you got it all nailed down and really pushed what you were doing, there would be no reason to not see much larger figures. Even with the amount of piracy today.

I have officially went off topic and that is something I do not like doing. Just hate the idea of people giving up because of this crap.

[email protected] ICQ:135982156 AIM: Aftershockmed1a MSN: [email protected]
After Shock Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote