Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM  
CYF
Coupon Guru

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabijaq View Post
CYF: OK, bigger portfolio, let's say 200 domains ->
8,81$*200 = 1762$ - biggest deal for bigger players Namecheap get give you
7,19$*200 = 1438$ - Godaddy price, 350$ saved.

Main difference is that with Godaddy, you don't have to renew or reg big portfolio.
7,19$ works for ANYONE, you can get 1 domain for that price, not 200.

Also if you buy domain + same name with different TLDs you'll get huge discounts.

Namecheap felt asleep and can't wake up.
250$ for expired domain regain (80$ at Godaddy)
250$ price limit for domain market? WTF.
Namecheap can't work with special characters with names and while pushing domain to another account, they won't push whoisguard.

I don't say Godaddy is best, they got fair prices, their well known weak support is getting better each time I contact them.
Moniker is fine, Name.com is fine.

So why the fuck should I use namecheap?
That $8.81 price works for 1 domain at namecheap, you don't need a big portfolio to get that price. The "golddeal" coupon is for 50+ domains in your account. They have a monthly coupon that gives you the 8.81 pricing as well, it's just when you have 50+ domains they give you that code so you don't have to search for coupons anymore. For example, October's namecheap coupon is "getmecheaper". Last month it was "dreamtime". Both of those work for the purchase of a single domain or 200 domains.

Yes, you can push the whoisguard when you push a domain, I have done it. It asks you when you push the domain if you want to push the whoisguard as well. I've never been able to push the whoisguard at Godaddy tho.

Namecheap's auto renew works very well, if you keep track of your domains and don't let them expire you won't have any problems. Never had a problem with it.

Godaddy is a fucking horrible registrar. Namecheap's regular price is much better than Godaddy's regular price. Godaddy will also yank your domain registration for lots of reasons, including taking down your domain for 1 spam complaint, after which you must pay $199 to get your domain back. Their interface is atrocious, five pages of ads and add-ons before you can checkout? There are tons of horror stories with Godaddy, you can start at www.nodaddy.com and search google if that doesn't convince you.

Godaddy is also not the cheapest, so if you're going strictly on price, you can find a cheaper registrar. If you're not going strictly on price, there are better registrars out there.

So, why the fuck would you register with Godaddy?

CYF is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote