View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:28 AM  
lazycash
Troll Patrol

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post
Personally I dont think he carded signups himself, but if you look at the site he used for promo, it has been spammed around 1000's of comments, from adult, to pills, to mainstream sites, so odds are if someone signs up from an automatic spammed comment, the quality of traffic is going to be very low and thus result in a chargeback. which is what I think may have happened, if it was your everyday tgp/mgp/blog traffic the traffic is less likely to be a chargeback.

the 40% is what likely flagged the account, he may have some legit signups, who knows, but spamming sites in comments results in a very likely situation.

So even *if* money is owed, it wouldnt be the full amount since the high chargeback rate, but most programs will just ban your account if you have that high of a cb rate, and rather not deal with the hassle.

After reading everything, this is exactly what I think happened also. I don't think TF carded, just think the promotion was probably shady and a majority of the traffic felt duped after signing up. I'm clueless on celeb niche ratios and cb %, but I have to believe this has happened plenty in the past with some affiliates because of all of the bullshit celeb promo pages I've seen.

Its no different than the barrage of Phillipine chat spammers over the last two years and all of the sponsors that have suspended them because of their high cb %. They over hype/promise to the surfer and then disappear after he signs up for a trial, well of course most of them are going to feel duped and chargeback.

Its crazy..."

VenusBlogger
lazycash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote