View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 PM  
96ukssob
So Fucking Banananananas

Industry Role:
honestly, i didnt bother going to the show this year, wasnt worth the $250/$300 price tag. Rather, i connected with people and met up with them and spent the money on booze for our suite.

IMO, i see there is less and less "webmaster" events at these shows. when i first started going in 2004 there was a lot to do if you are a webmaster, now it is rare to run across someone unless they are a huge player in the industry.

what i think woudl be cool (and some others ive talked to agreed) would be for some of these webmaster programs to have some show time to show off their tools and software. I can see all the demos I want online, but i bet they could book a room to show off some new tube script and take customer work orders there on the spot. most software I have purchased I have had to have custom work done to meet my needs

finally, i think having it at the palms blows. the past two years ive stayed at the gold coast for $35/night instead of $200+ for the same type of room and this year i stayed at Harrahs (can't beat a free pimp suite). my vote is to bring it back to the strip so there is more to do and more options besides a single suite party at the palms. just my