View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
I was not there this year but was at 2009. Spent most of my time at the bar or in private rooms.

A dead show floor is the same as going into a dead bar. You don't want to stay. You also don't want to stay in that bar if there are no chicks.

Bring back the chicks, keep the showroom looking alive even if that means you have to move it and shrink it and make it more of a hang out place. The last thing you want is for someone to walk into the show room, see crap, tell their friends "this sucks like I thought it would" and head to the bar or private rooms to do business. You want him to come in, see hot bitches, see something happening, get excited, and want to stay IN that area.

There is a reason the smaller gatherings do well. They are cozy and intimate. Internext is stale and cold. If you can capture that cozy vibe, you'll rock it.

When I was there in 2009 that is exactly what happened to me and everyone else I spoke to about it. As soon as you saw the floor and how dead it was, you were disappointed the same as if you just showed up to an empty bar with bad music and no eye candy.

You guys really need to rethink how you're doing this so you can keep it going. All of us are adapting right now in many ways to continue our business, AVN is not an exception to that rule.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote