View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:10 AM  
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
the people who were going to shows primarily to party are just not going anymore in the droves that they used to, and many of the newcomers who are now going to adult shows are startups who are very hungry and motivated.
The shows need to better cater to that crowd, and not so much BROgrams then.

Seminars with these endless talking heads about nonsense, or repeating the same horse shit simply will not cut it. I do not want to hear about someone's product or sales pitch on a forum unless it is truly revolutionary.

A seminar would better be spent with fewer panelists, so you could get more meat on the bone of a subject, without sales pitch bullshit. Here is an example for you.... mobile. At a seminar on mobile, I want to hear about how to CONVERT mobile, how to filter your traffic for mobile, how to SELL mobile. Not some company simply talking about how they are mobile leader, and how they are having BROgrasmic sales.

Another good top would be distribution... how many content producers are hurting? Many. Not all are webmaster/content producers like myself. I am sure that some of them would like to know other places, and how, to sell their material to make some money and stay in business. Whether it is a clip store, or licensing, or companies who are doing DVD or other forms of distribution for them to make some money on their libraries. THAT would be a seminar of some use.

Or a seminar talking about quality traffic and sources, not just a sales pitch from some traffic broker. Things like that. The point being, that the middle class of adult is vanishing. The shows need to cater to the start ups, and mom and pops. That is the growth market.

BROgrams typically are NOT going to seminars at most shows. They already know most players and will close deals over BRO drinks. Seminars are typically for newer people, or for new concepts. Which is attended, typically, by new people. Frankly, this is one of many examples where I think some of the shows have lost their way.

Not all shows are the same. I have said this many times about the San Fran/YNOT show compared to many of these others. It was a nice change to see FULL seminars. It was nice to actually talk some real business, and meet people who were serious about knowledge and getting things done. Plus you meet many who you may not have noticed, or met, at other shows. Especially niche providers.

That said, I personally do not like San Fran. However, I will say Connor and LAJ put on a good show and if you have not checked it out, it's worth it. Plus you do not get ass raped like at some of the other shows.

Not all shows are the same, and they are what you make of them. However, some are put together better to support that business aspect, as well as a few social events for everyone. Not just private parties. Which seems to be coming more common.

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

"Would you rather live like a king for a year or like a prince forever?"
Barefootsies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote