View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 03:34 PM  
PantiesDropped
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Chris it was a pleasure meeting you at the Playboy event during Internext.

I think AVN is doing what it can to continue putting together one of the best known tradeshows in adult, however, it?s time the tradeshow model for adult B2B changes. Over all Vegas for me was very productive but I can?t say the cost of a $300 badge was worth the expense. Personally, I had a badge but I can see how some people opted for not buying one.

Seminars: It?s Vegas, everyone is out late enjoying endless entertainment. Move seminar to a later time, around noon or so. Instead of having sponsors as panelist, have people with something real and informative to say not just some sales pitch. Don?t let the big sponsor rule the show, it?s AVN-Intenext not ?so-and-so's show? Lastly, asking people for seminar/panel ideas rather than reusing the same topics over and over and over again would be ideal.

Networking: During Internext about 90% of my time was spent at the circle bar. Sadly it wasn?t just me or a few others hanging out there. It seems everyone decided to go out there due to the lack of networking events. The problem is not the cost of the badge but what the badge provides. We need new fresh networking events. In addition I would really like to see an outdoor networking event. Yes it?s winter and it?s a bit cold, however, it?s Vegas and we?re all stuck indoors with a ton smoke, artificial lighting and loud ass music. Nothing an outdoor heater can?t fix.

Location: Like everyone else, change location! Vegas has such a great variety of big and small hotels; Why the Palms? For the amount of people attending Internext, we need a smaller hotel OR a hotel well suited for conferences. This year there had to be about 400 -500 people attending Internext. The only way to find people at the Palms was by going to the circle bar. Changing venues would be a very smart move for AVN-Internext in so many levels; it allows attendees to network efficiently and most likely be cost effective for AVN.

People, including myself, go to these tradeshows to educate themselves, find new sources of information, network and find new business opportunities. However, the show itself was not what it was put out to be even though it had the attendance.
PLAYPEN.COM
PantiesDropped is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote