View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAdultAgent View Post
I hate to sound like a dick and it was very nice of you to write this but unless your a series 6, 7 or 8 your in complete violation of US law giving out any advice involving insurance or asset planning. As I was a registered series 7 and have looked into become both a 6 and an 8 I can tell you discussing things like this in an open forum is a good way to get yourself sued if someone takes your advice and it was not the best choice for them.

Actually if you were series 6 or 7 you would be held to more rigorous rules and regulations than just someone who is licensed to sell health, life, and annuities (fixed and equity index) like myself.

I have provided GENERAL advice. I haven't even mentioned specific company names, much less "details".

What advice have I given, that if someone took I could be sued?? Because I gave advice that people should get health, life, and disability insurance? Or my advice that people should put money away for retirement. Or my EXAMPLE on the power of compounding interest.

Thanks for the concerns, but I understand the rules well and know that I am not in an violation for what I have shared here. If someone goes and get disability insurance through a company that has nothing to do with me and they don't get the correct disability insurance or they didn't read the policy and was unhappy with that company, I know we are a sue happy country but they can't come back and sue me because I said disability insurance is a good thing to have. Not going to happen.

But by all means if you feel I have said something that could get me sued, I would love for you to point out SPECIFICS.

Also just FYI for those that don't know, you need to be series 6 to do variable investments like mutual funds. Investments that do not have a guarantee. I just got my license to sell fixed and equity index investments. My colleague is series 6 and can do variable investments. Most financial planners have their series 6 or higher, if you want to invest in variable products just ask them to make sure.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue

Last edited by will76; 03-08-2010 at 11:44 AM..
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote