View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:08 PM  
Rankings

Industry Role:
Location: A cat with three legs cannot bury shit in a frozen pond. In addition to that, can you cry underwater?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Jew Cat View Post
In regards to Google Analytics and Google Adwords presence as factors in SEO. What sort of weight do you feel is placed on these factors? Those are 2 I haven't really heard mentioned in an SEO conversation before.

Does Google really favor those using Analytics in their SERPs?

My intense Google paranoia has kept me away for a long time, but running Adsense on a few sites now they pretty much have the same access to any information Analytics would give them. So I'm considering checking it out now.

I've heard rumor that sites running Adsense panels may be given weight. The assumption being based on the idea that Google would favor sites supporting it's own ad network. I can't really vouch for it because I've only been playing with Adsense for a while. Just throwing the talk out there. Any input on this?
There is no real proof that using Googles tools brings you SEO benefits when it comes to rankings. I do however feel that using the tools Google gives you helps you decide whats working and where your lacking. The information both analytics and google webmasters tools is crucial in our day to day statistics. If we have ranked a client top 3 for a keyword they wanted, but the bounce rate on the particular keyword is ridiculously high, we know we either need to recommend a different route or the client now knows that his end product is not cutting it. Google would never out right say, "Use our products and you will rank better", but one would assume, which is why there are so many rumors, that Google would like for you to use your products, and when spidered and they see you are using their products, it can't be a bad thing.

The same rumor goes with people using both Yahoo and Bings meta tag verification for their tools. 4 out of 10 people will say that Google will not be happy to see your using their services but again, this is a rumor, there is no real proof. I have clients that are top 3 for major keywords that do not use any Google tools. I have clients that are top 3 that Do use all 3 meta verifications, so Can you rank will with the use or not, yes. Does Google move you up quicker if you use their tools, no clue.

19+ Years Serving the Adult/SEO Industry

Rankings is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote