View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM  
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bet View Post
This is more focused on SEO directly which will be a later post. I agree that bounce rate and B.T.G is vital, but the Algo has nothing to do with this, your rankings do. There is high controversy over whether or not Google can even determine your bounce rate unless you have analytics on your site, or the surfer viewing your site has the google tool bar installed. There are various sources to verify this info.

But again, Google is a power house and nobody really knows how much info Google can collect from a site that does not use analytics. If a site was only opened from a Yahoo search on a daily bases, how would Google know your bounce rate? That's where people have assumed that the toolbar must gather information about the surfers visited sites.

The reasoning most people state for Google paying attention, but not strickly holding a ton of weight to it is because a competitor could put a hit bot on your site, or simple open and close the site 1000 times a day and drop your rankings
ok i have done a split test
i put up a 2 minute tube site clip vs 10 minute clip
same pr, same links, same on page, same keywords, same base movie

the 10 minute clip ranked higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoughs View Post
Flawed logic, not all traffic originates from 'google'.
2 words statistical sample

all the traffic doesn't have to come from google just like when they do voting results or polls not everyone in the US has to be asked who they will vote for to get accurate results.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote