View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Great thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustyVixens View Post
Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking, however, there are search engines who still do so it's a good idea not to abandon keywords, just don't spend too much time on it.

BTW cool article.
The 30 seconds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post
ya 2 misconceptions, domain age and meta keywords, both arent a factor

domain age:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_1NQWQJ2Q
He is addressing registering domains for 10 years helping over year to year. There is no question that the age of a site is a relevant factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Jew Cat View Post
Very very easily.

If it is indeed a factor, it can't have too much weight placed on it. Anyone with access to a large quantity of proxies could goto town. Best watch your torrents and email attachments, because it would be fucking trojan city. Well, I guess that's the case anyways...
I noticed that around 1995.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideongallery View Post
ok i have done a split test
i put up a 2 minute tube site clip vs 10 minute clip
same pr, same links, same on page, same keywords, same base movie

the 10 minute clip ranked higher
Did you put a 15 and 20 on the other one to see if it went to the top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bet View Post
The above is very true, but I would like to add that if Site A gets gets 5 new backlinks on week 1 and all 5 are on the same ip and using the same title/anchor, you get +1

Spreading your linking building out based on IP and C-class setup , especially when the servers are spread across the world is going to give you the most juice. Anytime network wide link spots are bought, even if you choose 5 seperate title/anchors, it's still very easy to be flagged for spammy link building and going to effect your SERPS in a negative way. Buying quality links, using various title/anchor tags and having them added at a slow rate, especially when doing multi network buys, is the key. Soon as google realizes that your buying links, your in trouble. I see people buying links on a steady bases that buy on sites that not even indexed, 10 days old and already have 55 outbound links.
I was waiting for this post. Great article Bobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzynew View Post
Bumping this question because it's similar to mine.

I have sites on a range of different hosts, mostly to spread out the risk of hosting being down, but also because I'm still testing out which host would be best for dedicated.
I also have different IPs according to niches on some hosts.

But I'm wary of linking the sites up too much in case they are seen as trying to game google, which, believe it or not, wasn't my intention.

I'm fed up with thinking 'can I link to this site or not?' each time I link up my sites.

Allowing that google can see anything they want to see (especially with affiliate codes, same registrar, etc,), do you think it matters that much to link those sites up as I choose, rather than trying to hide the network, just in case?
No need to link them all together, but they can link to your money site.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote