View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM  
XPays
Team Player

Location: Inside the most accurately counting and reporting affiliate system in the world at XPays.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelBucks View Post
My mate is a massive domainer, buys some big names... not sure what the most he's paid for a domain is... I never get how some of these prices are worked out, he says simply a domain is worth as much as two people want to pay for it...

I would love Boobs.com but 7 figure ! sure it's worth it but way way out my ball park lol

I got some half decent ones, are you saying you will sell them for us ?

I own OutFuckingStanding.com I always thought that was a pretty cool name, even if slightly long lol
thanks for your list and Boobs.com is such a mega success with type-ins -- there are few high traffic names like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
crazy prices

how do you come up with them?
there is a lot of data available covering the domain aftermarket (dnjournal/namebio), lots of data in Google/Archive.org/Alexa etc... + there is the art of the pricing. another key factor is that for brokered names, a seller has expectations. buyer and seller expectations may be a compromise in some cases. in other cases, we are seeing price increases at the same time as tremendous deals are happening in other categories. for example, as tube markets continue to heat up, many keyword+tube.com prices are rising.

Last edited by XPays; 04-29-2010 at 03:01 PM..
XPays is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook