View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 PM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless View Post
Thanks for writing that up. Reminds me of back in the day playing with free host accounts, my own free host etc etc etc...

I just wish I took that knowledge and applied it forward like yourself...

On a side note, what do you consider the next "blogger"... The next trick? If you've found it already just say that. I love knowing something out there is working and being exploited. Makes the hunt much more fun.
There still is new and 'exciting' ways to do it every day. But the hunt is much more suited for newer hungrier webmasters then old fellas like myself. But since that fateful day 6 years ago when I found my 2 'ins' there has been several methods found. Both blackhat and white, that focus on link generation.(mostly blackhat)

Some of the new approaches (last 4-5 years) that some people have made a lifes worth of money off are:
  • Google bombs and Google brute force links
  • Dropped domains
  • Referrer spamming
  • Blog comments and wp-hacks
  • Markov content generation scripts
  • WP-Hacks and takeovers
  • Domain hacks and takeovers
  • RSS feeds
  • Every popular freehost/blog system has been exploited for back link purposes
  • Cloaking, both page and link
  • Automated backlink scripts
  • 302 redirect bugs and 302 serp takeovers
  • Link Wheels
  • Page Rank sculpting
  • Social Site spamming

Feel free to add any that you know of.

Last edited by Jdoughs; 06-07-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote