View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjah View Post
Every weekend the main GFY Educational Series Thread is pinned. Sometimes we have bonus threads that get pinned overnight during the week, but the 'main' weekly post goes up on the weekends. Same thing we've been doing since we started this in January.

Is that sorted out enough for you?

John - this post is clearly terrific and I hope we hear from you again and can feature another article soon.
Thank you very much, it was my pleasure and helped remind me to get back to the basics. Maybe as a follow up I can do the other 3500 words I had to remove from this one as it was a little 'advanced' and didn't have the starter info as I've done here.. (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenSluts View Post
people still trade links with thumblogger blogs?
Thumblogger.com is one of the top 1500-2000 sites on the internet, not sure how many other 'dominant' domains like this you can get links on, but its not something to blow off because of false assumptions of 'value or worth' to the links. There is very few of what I like to call 'super domains' in googles eyes that are adult, thumblogger is one of them. And quite possibly the ONLY one you can get links on/build pages on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing View Post
Hey Jdoughs... fantastic read my friend!!!!
Thanks very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 488 View Post
curious does anyone know of anything like this for mainstream.
Not really no, there is a few trade systems but all (to me) seem quite junky and whored out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthnicLover View Post
Thanks for the detailed responses to my questions. I will be applying your advice (as I've started to do already inside of Link Spun). I look forward to learning more in this thread. Thanks!
You are very welcome, good luck on the results, and I'll toss you a few trade requests this week to help spark it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_PuZcash View Post
so what about building sites with morphed feeds, are they almost useless because SE see that it's kind of morphed and not really original UNIQUE content?
I don't think they will be useless no. Basically if you are going to use rss content you want to focus LESS on uniquifying it, and more on becoming the authority for it. You can easily become the 'source' for content if you put your head (and links) into it. The advantage to building feeders with unique content is that you can add 3-4 posts/pages and have something unique, and finished, which will carry it for these purposes (webmasters will check, and 4-5 handwrote,unique pages outweighs 400 rss fed posts in most of their eyes).

I don't want to steer to far away from the topic of links and tools and branching into content and its importance is really a completely different (and large) topic to cover.

Last edited by Jdoughs; 06-13-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote