Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas007 View Post
Thank you for the answers.

I forgot to add a question.

6)
What directories do you recommend to submit the feeders to?
Hey sorry about not answering for some time. The directories you chose to submit to should be picked on a couple things, how active the categories are, how relevant it is, and how much weight you suspect to get from it.

If I posted the 8-10 I like to use for the most part they would become not so good very quickly.

The best answer is really to look around and pick out a handful of 10-12 and randomly submit to 8-9 of them. Just so the feeders/initial blogs aren't all linking to the exact same few places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthnicLover View Post
Here are a few more questions:

1) Do you recommend using .info, .us or .biz for these feeder sites? Are there any inherent negatives in the eyes of search engines, or webmasters for that matter, regarding these domains?

2) Is writing 4-5 bog posts and submitting to say 10 directories enough to actually get PR? While having the pages indexed is clearly important it still seems that PR is one of the big factors in attracting link trades and determining a site's importance/authority.

3) Will using Google Analytics negatively affect these sites or do you just prefer using server stats?

So far Link Spun webmasters have been very responsive. I hope this continues and many more webmasters join.

Thanks a lot for all of your advice.
Hey, I wouldn't use .info's or .biz's, at least not solely, having a few tossed in the mix isn't bad as long as they aren't too spammy.

4-5 hand wrote posts and a handful of (good) directory submissions is enough to warrant some initial page rank, I have a few smaller ones that rank for small terms off of directory submits alone.

I use server stats, it may be old school or old fashioned to be paranoid about google and their practices but they are secretive about their own operations for a reason, I see no reason to give them my entire business plan through any of their tools, be it gmail, analytics, adwords/adsense or their doc service. Seems quite counter productive to tell the source of the traffic how you are going about getting it.
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote