View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:26 AM  
justinsain
Confirmed User

If for some reason I was stuck bringing a big bag into a store I would have no problem leaving it at the door with security.

I know that any type person can be a thieve from little kids to crack selling grandmas and they cannot discriminate so they have to make it a general rule for all.

As a business owner I understand what they have to do to protect their business. Shoplifting cost them money which they have to compensate by raising their prices. I'm willing to help them out by complying with their rules.

If I don't want to leave my bag I can take it back to the car or shop somewhere else. I find no fault with the store.

Side Story:

Lately I've noticed a new to me shoplifting technique and I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen it.

A woman in her thirties with a small child pushes her cart up to the cashier in front of me. She has several items in the cart which she presents to the cashier and then starts to get her money out. The cashier leans over and says " what about that home theater stereo under the cart ". The woman acts surprised and says " what, oh I didn't know that was there and I don't want it ".

If the cashier missed the stereo the woman just rolls out the store and loads it in her car for free. If the cashier sees the stereo the woman can just deny she wanted it.

Seems like the perfect shoplifting technique except for the fact the woman would have been on security camera and they could tell whether she actually loaded the stereo or not.

Same thing at my grocery store as the cashier told me people try all the time to sneak stuff past them on the bottom of their cart.

There's lots of good people and lots of bad. I don't mind leaving my bag at the door
justinsain is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote