View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM  
sperbonzo
I'd rather be on my boat.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post
Right or Wrong:

Is it right or wrong when you enter a store with a bag, purse, back pack or plastic bag the security staff tell you that you have to leave the bag at the door. You can have it back when you leave.

The reasons for this are obvious - theft control. However, grandma isn't the most likely thief on the block, and neither are most people. There's a lot to be said for a little discretion. Some good judgment. Some self respect.

I consider my actions (or inactions) to be votes. In this case, I vote against leaving my bag at the door (with a stranger). I will walk right past security with it, and if they want the bag I will leave the store and not shop there until I am not carrying anything.

Thoughts?
This is what I love about Free Market Capitalism. the store has the freedom to put in whatever security they think that they need, and you have the freedom to put up with it, or not. If the store finds that they are losing too much business they have the freedom to keep the policy or not. It they keep it, someone else has the right to open a store that doesn't have those policies to pick up business from disgruntled ex-customers like you, etc, etc, etc....

All about choices baby!

[email protected] / http://Acellafinancial.com/

ICQ 177961090 / Tel +1 909 NET BILL / Skype msperber

Last edited by sperbonzo; 07-19-2010 at 09:22 AM..
sperbonzo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote