View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 PM  
stocktrader23
Let's do some business.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Mitchell View Post
With all due respect to everyone that is proposing other hosts with virtual product offerings.. I would simply state that with the exception of Liquid Web which was plugged by cranky pants, nearly all of the remaining companies plugged in this thread aren't even 10% the size (revenue, employees, etc) and the next "largest" competitors with a virtual host product are at most 25% the size. Bigger isn't better and that's not my point - we can all agree on that. However, Mike's client count is 10 fold everyone else in this thread and when it comes to serving a volume of thousands of customers across a multitude of product lines... I'm just saying, statistics and probabilities - it's not possible to please everyone, especially in scale. Webair isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. There are a few decent other options in this thread. For some people, they're best off picking a host that is a small shop or one man show as a match for their needs with either dedicated or virtual hosting and there is no shame in that.

...I don't sell Virtual & VPS... so don't ask! Cheers

Keep on keepin' on -Joe Dirt
Always excuses for shit ass customer service in this industry. I have a $10 a month virtual at HostGator and have been using them for years. Instant support for most problems, quick ticket responses for the rest. Oh, and if you get a dedicated and sell off 100 hosting accounts they'll answer their live support for your customers as well, all they ask is for your domain and password.

I don't know exactly what it is about those in this industry blowing off 'the mainstream' but HostGator takes adult. For $15 a month on a virtual you get a free SSL cert and dedicated IP as well.

Show me one 'adult' host that has the same support, uptime and all around good reputation on a cheap ass virtual account. I've used a dozen of them over the years and they all fucking sucked compared to HG. The funny part is that they pay out the ass for referrals so you'd think you'd see them spammed everywhere here but you don't.

This industry can be so weird.

Hands Free Adult - Join Once, Earn For Life

"I try to make a habit of bouncing my eyes up to the face of a beautiful woman, and often repeat “not mine” in my head or even verbally. She’s not mine. God has her set aside. She’s not mine. She’s His little girl, and she needs me to fight for her by keeping my eyes where they should be."
stocktrader23 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote