View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 PM  
EVERESS
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
bookmarkers do. rss readers do. someone reading this autogenerated text in an rss summary is not going to click through and read the article, and they will likely never even see the pics.
Yes Correct,

But book-markers are by definition return visitors and those return visitors are usually just scanning the daily galleries. There eyes scan for their preferred choices (blond, brunette, redhead) and we estimated they scan about .8 sentences before deciding to click or not. Since most daily gallery descriptions are less than 2 sentences that's about all it takes.

Try it out on your favorite gallery site... I think you will find you do the same thing.

It is scientifically proven that adult eyes scan whole words. When given a 2 paragraph page with the middle letters of each word reordered and the end letters left in position... the page can still be read clearly aloud with little hesitation. I'm NOT trying to start an argument ... just stating how I judge how much effort needs to be put into text paragraphs.

This was not intended for RSS Feeds. But it might be adapted to one if there was sufficient data to generate an accurate descriptive sentence or 2.

This was not intended to turn into a debate.... this was offered as simple key word paragraph generation.
EVERESS is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote