View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 AM  
criticaldotnet
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtarheels View Post
For the visitors. Usually goes off location, so they have better routing. Also, if one line goes down, they can use another.

Almost all providers do this, I think the guy who posted it is just trying to upsell it. I'm more worried about the 5mbps, though lol
Hi,

Actually you would be surprised to know that most hosting company's in adult are just resellers and only pay for 1 or 2 providers of bandwidth. Also most hosting company's only bring transit in through one single fiber and one core router. We currently bring in bandwidth from 3 different 10Gbps fiber lines and 4 1Gbps fiber lines, to 4 routers, this almost ensures that there will be no downtime do to a bandwidth provider going down.

The only reason I quoted you 5Mbps is because you said you are using 80% of 1TB there is about 300-330 gigs in a 1 mbps so I put down 5mbps because of the mer fact that is almost giving you 2 extra mbps then you are currently using. If you would like I can give you another 5mbps at no extra cost.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by criticaldotnet; 01-31-2011 at 08:05 AM..
criticaldotnet is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote