View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 AM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexgenoten View Post
Very informative reading. Thanks for that.

As im a little new to this all ( understatement of the year i guess ), i am a little behind on the jargon.

'Money site' = the site that provides the link where ppl can sign up for a membership? Where you have the content you got as an affiliate?

To stay in the spirate of the article, i think i should use the following setup. ( pls correct me if im (dead) wrong ).

My money site will be a TGP site. From there i will provide links to the membership site.

I will have to create some feeders sites with a few good directory listings. The feeder sites should have original written content with posts and after initial setup be update on a regular basis. ( wich could be once or twice a month ).

The feeder sites are best used for link trading with other webmasters, who will send their traffic to your money site.

With this setup you can have all domains registered to the same company/person without having problems with google.

Anything i missed or any further suggestions?
I think you are on the right track for sure, and while it does make it look less like a structured plan when you get your inbound links like this, you still want to be careful, use a few dif registrars, hosts (if you can) and IP's, but don't stress about it, just be smart.

And about money sites, yes that is the end target, where you want to make your money from, you mention the tgp but then also mention a paysite ahead of it (if that paysite is yours, then that would be the real money site, with the tgp feeding that). If you do know the tgp game fairly well, you can build a monster and certainly consider it a money site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralace View Post
Thanks for an awesome post J! While I'm at it, thanks for linkspun too :D I've made some awesome trades there both adult and mainstream.
Thanks very much Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyx View Post
When creating the feeder sites, at what point should you start putting links on them that point to your money site? Right away when you create them, or after you let them "stew" for a month or two?

also, what is a page rank update, do they occur at some kind of static intervals? If I create several feeder blogs on thumblogger, write 5 original, relevant posts, submit them each to adult blog directories and wait 1-2 months, can I really expect them to hit pr1 or 2?

thanks for the great post I have read it and re-read it several times there is so much valuable information here!

*edit* crap I forgot one thing - is it okay to create all the feeder sites under the same thumblogger account?
Using the same thumblogger account is fine, that won't matter at all. Page Rank updates (although the last one took a year) used to be done in fairly static intervals, it looks like they've shifted to more of an 'on the fly' routine.

I don't really link my feeder sites to my money site, if I built 50 feeders and linked them to myself I'd have 50 sites (from my own shit) linking into me. If I work the sites (have ads etc like normal) but don't link them to myself, and offer out/do link trades, I'll end up with 20 per each of those 50 which is 1,000 links (and from all over the web).

Thumblogger is just an example, many get hung up on the fact that I use it as an example, it is just that, a method, one way. It does have its benefits and weaknesses but that's entirely a separate discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyx View Post
sorry to post again but it won't let me edit my prior post a second time, and I realized I forgot another 2 questions I have been mulling over...

1.) Does it matter if the theme of the 100 feeders are related to each other, or even the "money site" they all link to? ie could you have like a black teen girl feeder site and a Latina blowjob feeder site and a bbw feeder site, and they all link to a handjob site which is your money site? (I am just using random examples for the sake of understanding the concept)

2.) You mentioned that you will succeed more when you realize that you shouldn't pollute your feeders with a ton of affiliate links. Should I not have ANY links to the affiliate pages on my feeder sites at all? Because you did mention that some of the feeder sites will generate the occasional sale...

thanks!!
I would use different themes, you gain nothing by using the same one and it's just another thing that can give away that you are all of the same network. Plus traders looking at your sites will turn away if all 50 have same themes.

And I don't think the niche matching is as important, in fact, since we're generating links and link power, we want to spread out our niches and have better matches for trading partners. We may not have a BBW site, but dozens of guys may be looking for BBW links today/tomorrow, so we'll have what they want, which gets us a link back to the money site.

If building and just pushing all the juice to your main sites, and not trading, then you'll want to be fairly specific, but cover all facets of the niche. So if you got a BJ money site, build milf blowjobs, ebony blowjobs, hd blowjobs, etc. You can pretty much tie any 2 niches together and build sites for it. You can find BJ content from every niche site out there most likely if you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenaps View Post
Interesting read. Could you explain the value of bounce rate and time on page? Do these factors help determine if the search engine returned the correct results and help solidify or increase your ranking?
I think it's pretty evident that load times and bounce rate are a factor in todays algorythm, but it just fits in with the other hundreds of things they look at. I don't believe its as important as title tags or backlinks.

Last edited by Jdoughs; 03-09-2011 at 02:20 AM..
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote