View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM  
TripleXPrint
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Venture View Post
Has anyone ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters (Bulls Balls)? Heard they were delicious, just can't get myself to try them.
I tried them and surprisingly, they were pretty good. If you could push past the fast that you're munching on a set of balls. I had them deep fried and just said fuck it and dug in. They were a little mushy, almost like a paté or a deep fried seafood oyster minus the seafood flavor.

Mutt, a hamhock has a strong smoked meat flavor. A lot of people use it just to spice up their food. The mean is pretty lean and extremely tender...yet you'd be lucky to get a couple knuckle sized chunks out of a one hock. In my opinion, the best part is the skin. I really can't compare it to anything. It's fatty but also chewy and melts in your mouth. I slow cook them for about 4-5 hours to make the skin more tender. Otherwise it's like eating fatty leather.