View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
Are you comparing taking a break for 10 minutes to taking a 3 month vacation?

Bush vacationed more than any President in history, he did it during disaster times, he would go for 1-3 months at a time, took several long vacations yearly.. and played golf damn near daily, then he would joke about it - while the damn country was falling apart around us.

Just a tiny bit of a difference....
I love this discussion!

(I'm not ranting at you Doc, just in general.)

Yes, Bush vacationed more than any President in history. We have the idea that a vacation is sitting on the beach for a week with no cell phone. The truth for the President of the United States is that the world doesn't stop for him to take a vacation; He still gets woken up at the same time, still attends the same security briefings first thing in the morning, takes meetings, phone calls, etc etc, and when shit goes down at 3am local time the President still gets woken up. When the President goes on vacation, he brings his entire fucking staff with him. It doesn't matter if it's Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama. That's the way it is.

It fucking slays me when people are bitching about Obama when Bush took more vacations than any other US President. People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks; Make sure your ducks are in order before bitching. I see a huge trend here - Democrats bitched about Bush for vacations, and now Republicans are doing the same. Democrats are trying to defend themselves about the same exact things they were bitching about while a Republican President was in office.

The other thing that kills me is that people say "Obama promised change and hasn't delivered". Well, it was so fucking easy to fix everything, why didn't Bush fix it before he left office? Our economy isn't a two year problem, it's a ten year problem.

I'm reading posts about how Obama isn't doing anything to help Japan. Really? REALLY? How many tens of thousands US Navy sailors and Marines do we have at sea off the coast RIGHT NOW engaged in rescue operations? Golly gee, USS Ronald Regan went through a radiation cloud the other day off the coast of Japan, that's five thousand US Navy sailors right now. The trucks putting out the fires at the nuclear power plants? US Navy. How many nuclear experts have we sent, how many rescue personal, how much money in supplies have we sent? Really, how much should we / could we do? Being as this isn't a United States disaster, but instead a disaster in another country half way around the world?

Before you answer you that, keep in mind that President Bush left us with the largest deficit EVER, and Obama is pushing that number even higher - while we are in a recession.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote