View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 01:47 PM  
thebedshark

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoe View Post
yeah good but you're using free wordpress theme from the net

example, you use this for lustylatexbabes: http://tsegwordpressthemes.com/steampunk/
Dude, it's $40 dollars. Of course it's a free theme.

I normally wouldn't say anything here, But since you opened the door and it's my site you pointed out, And you seem to be leading on that he's ripping people off by using a free theme, I figured I should say something and let you and his future customers know that, Of course I knew I would be getting a modified free theme. And I actually received twice what I was expecting for $40 dollars.

He's an Artist and your paying for his eye and the graphics (Header Image), The blog install and everything else he does are freebies in my opinion. He picks the appropriate free theme to use depending on your niche, So it's pleasing to the eye, And all you have to do to get started is make a few posts after the first one he does, Then let Google run with it. You can go back later on when you have some free time, To add more posts, Tweak and such. The point is you have a blog that Google's crawling on for $40 dollars.

I don't know how much your time is worth, But I would have spent $80-$100 of my own time to do what he did for $40, Plus I still would of had to pay someone to do the graphic, Hmmmm, Let me think.

I really didn't have to do much at all, I added a domain to my server, Sent him the login info, Banner link and FHG and after a few hours or so he emailed me back to find out what plugins I wanted, Then emailed me again later on to give me the login info for the blog and the PSD file for the header image, I then paid him and that was it. I had a fully functioning blog on a domain that was just sitting there doing nothing the day before, Ready for a few tweaks and some more posts, And I didn't have to do a damn thing. I'm sorry, But if that isn't worth $40 dollars, I don't know what is.

I want to give a bump here for a great guy trying to get some new clients. He's friendly, Easy to work with, Has fast turnaround time and awesome prices. I've used him for a couple of different projects since I had him do Lusty Latex Babes (The site you pointed out above) and I've been extremely pleased with every aspect of his work, I'm also getting ready to have him do another blog for me.

This post isn't intended to dog mightyjoe, It's so Jason's (soulfuricstudios) future customers know what to expect and what they're getting, And why it's such a great deal.

RLMoore