View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 PM  
tonyparra
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Help with the Plugin

Hi, nice plugin. Im playing around with it and i understand how to add data using the custom fields. What im confused with is the php because im no expert at php. Im using the freewptube theme, and using flowplayer for video playback. I typically use themes just for the design, and mod them to fit my needs. Im trying to use the dogfart xml flv feed for the website WatchingyourMomgoBlack.com:

Code:
<videos>
<updated>2010-12-27T00:00:00Z</updated><video><id>4287</id><title>Christina Skye</title>
<description>Like my homey Ice Cube said,...</description>
<paysite>Watching My Mom Go Black</paysite><tags/>
<clip_url>http://flash.dogfart.com/watchingmymomgoblack/</clip_url><screen_url>http://flash.dogfart.com/watchingmymomgoblack/</screen_url><clips><clip><flv>christina_skye-trailer1.flv</flv>
<duration>151</duration><screens><screen>christina_skye.jpg</screen></screens></clip>
</clips></video>
My custom fields are:
duration
hostedflv
paysite_title
paysite_url
star
thumb
join_now
sponsor
sponsorlink
time

Duration- I was able to pull using the feed. However, the duration came out like 151, when i need it to format like 1:51 or 2:30.

hostedflv- I see the flv file but its not hosted. Can i somehow use php to combine the <clip_url> and <flv> to make it a hostedflv that will fit into my theme? Or do i need to recode the theme to have 2 custom fields for that one call in flowplayer?

paysite_title- I am able to grab this with <paysite> so no issues.

paysite_url- I think in your documentation you show how to add this
//$post ['custom_fields'] ['paysite_url'] = 'HTTP://WWW.SITE.COM/';

Star- I am able to grab this with <title> so no issues. However i wish they actually gave their episodes a title instead of the stars name.

thumb- i have same issue with this as i have with the hostedflv field. The images are not linked but if i can combine <screen> and <screen_url> problem solved. So for hostedflv and thumb i need to create a url from it's path and file name.

join_now- Call to action link, below video usually straight to a join page similar to paysite url can i use this twice: //$post ['custom_fields'] ['paysite_url'] = 'HTTP://WWW.SITE.COM/'; ??

sponsor- i use this to talk about the sponsor using a small description of the program or their main site. Can this be inserted into the php code?

sponsorlink- just like with join_now and paysite_url, Im not sure if i can add this code multiple times //$post ['custom_fields'] ['paysite_url'] = 'HTTP://WWW.SITE.COM/';

time- This i would like to be a random number over 20:00. Since most sponsors dont tell the surfers how long the videos are that they are watching, i like to take a guess at it, so they know for sure there is more to the clip. If cyberseo can automate this for me that would be awesome.

Bonus: Post Tags- most xml feeds contain none. is there a way to insert tags that rotate on each post so that every single post doesnt have the exact same tags? If i could create a general list of tags for each feed that doesnt have them and have them rotated on a post by post basis that would also be awesome .

So i kind of understand how to use your ultra flexible plugin but im not good with php, if you could help me tie this together it would be greatly appreciated

High Performance Vps $10 Linode
Manage your Digital Ocean, Linode, or Favorite Cloud Server. Simple, fast, and secure Server Pilot

Last edited by tonyparra; 04-02-2011 at 10:45 PM..
tonyparra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote