View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:44 PM  
Adam X
Now Giving 1 Fuck Daily

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by will76 View Post
Good to see you are receptive to the advice and don't take it personal or get defensive. Even the people who are taking shots are you, there is something to be taken from what they are saying.

If your plan is to get 3-4 people (partners) to all provide one piece of the puzzle you need to launch a successful cam site and then you going to try to find an investor to bankroll it... 99.9% chance its not going to happen, but if nothing else use our skepticism and experience (or what you call bitterness) as your motivation to prove us wrong and be that 0.01% that pulls it off. As you go through enough of these deals you will find out that you will want to spend your time and money on things that have a much better success rate.

The other problem with getting 3-4 partners that each provide a critical part is that it's guaranteed that at least one of them will either be: 1. Lieing and not be able to bring to the table what you need, 2. Give up because they are not seeing results quick enough, 3. have a disagreement of opinions on how something is run and quit, 4. Get mad and quit because they feel like they are doing more than everyone else, etc... Either way you going to lose some of them and once one piece is gone it all spirals to shit. That is assuming you were able to put it all together and even find these people + investor in first place. Not to mention all investors will see the make up of the partnership (like i pointed out) and run. They hate to depend on 1 person to do what they claim they going to do, they not going to want to depend on several people to perform so they don't lose their money.

You would have a better chance selling an investor on yourself, telling him you have the software, chathost, and traffic all lined up, all you need is the money to launch it. For him to give you a million dollars and then you just hire and buy what you need. *partners* that you don't know and are going to count on 100% is going to be your biggest hurdle to over come and you have a lot of hurdles that's just the biggest one.
True on most points here, and contrary to this threads initial post, your last paragraph above is what I've been leaning towards. In the works, there is a potential investor, as it were..hence my seeking a traffic partner to fortify my position.

I've learned a few things from past mistakes, especially calling new biz acquaintances "partners" until they've proven themselves.

And thank you Mitch, talk soon, always fun at the PPT nights...