View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 AM  
MediaGuy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
Hey, resentment is a two way street and that's a fact.

No, I won't

I wouldn't sell you, I'd provide you an option and .xxx being the better. In short, you'd sell yourself kicking and screaming.
Your statement about resentment is ambivalent and can't be applied to what I consider are reasons for the anti-bro knee-jerk.

If .xxx became mandated to force all adult domains to move to the TLD, you would not be affected? That was my contention. I know it would be complex, and impossible to enforce globally, but my statement was simply an "if".

And yeah if you're a great salesman or if you have some sort of leverage you could probably sell me...

Quote:
This is we're we both can agree. I fail to understand what business model they were going for. Honestly, they must have a bigger picture because it's obvious this was not going to work. Or maybe he just might be against .xxx and funded by others in adult to sit on it and make sure it doesn't go anywhere?- Now that would be a brilliant plan.

If they wanted to hire me I'd make it clear, it would be in their best interest that I was the last resort. It would be simple because you people are weak and can't find a unity in anything as Epassporte proved. All it would take is to find and edge on one of you and the rest would fall like dominoes.
Yep you're right - they might have a bigger picture. But is it to legislate .xxx for adult businesses based in the US? Who knows... their stated "motives" are thin and ridiculous, or contradictory.

In another thread I sarcastically offered my services to .XXX as a rep, and suggested we could all take turns taking their money and then going Charlie Sheen on them.

Maybe you're right about that and we can all be thankful for these martyrs...

Quote:
I thought the guy from ICM waxed everyone on the panel with a simple and clear pitch. Buy an .XXX domain and you could get extra traffic or simply don't.
Yet another pitch to try to get people to buy into the .xxx - probably the most legitimate or honest they have.

Actually now I think about it, your statement about "us" not being able to find any unity would fly against your assumption that if you found an edge on one of us and managed to "sell" .XXX for them, "the rest would fall like dominoes"...

"Our" strength could actually be that lack of unity or of any formal syndicate structure. You've seen how vociferous people are on the issue of .XXX - I would be willing to bet that if Connor himself became pro-.XXX, he would be eaten alive rather than sway the majority of us to that side.

Just sayin'

:D

YOU Are Industry News!
Press Releases: pr[at]payoutmag.com
Facebook: Payout Magazine! Facebook: MIKEB!
MediaGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote