View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM  
brentbacardi
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Sure pretty much anything can be brandable... just something easier than others. Key things to think about when picking a weird name like that:

1. Doesn't mean anything weird in a foreign language in which you conduct or someday may conduct business.

2. There is a reason/story behind it... for example... you probably heard of Yelp! its easy to remember but you don't know what it means... it actually comes from YEllow Pages! Now I will never forget that Yelp is like yellow pages... (I spoke with someone who worked there a long while back before everyone knew what they were).

If you are going to use blimple be careful because the first word that came to mind for me was pimple and I dont think its an acne cream you are trying to make. But of course you could spend time "teaching" people what blimple is and someday it could be synonymous with awesome webhosting... who knows! The reason I liked Hostive is because host is a keyword, quick glance or readover i think of the words host and live which are good words for web hosting... etc...

Last edited by brentbacardi; 07-13-2011 at 03:34 PM..
brentbacardi is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote