View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 PM  
wig
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Interesting. I was reading the other day that some experts expect silver and gold to decrease in value over the next few months in a "correction." Do you think something like a short term strengthening of the dollar could lead to this occurring?
I started buying gold and silver in the late 90's when gold was $250-$280 and silver was $5. I got out to soon (I exited 90% of my holdings over a year ago), because it seemed a bit frothy to me and I was worried a further deflation may not be avoided.

So yes, I think they are vulnerable to a decline (based on the scenario I gave in the other post), but I've been wrong so far and left some money on the table.

I do think in the big picture (3-5 years), the US$ will continue to decline and gold/silver will see more gains. I hope I have a chance to buy them again on the predicted correction you read about.

ETA: I don't expect the hyperinflation that a lot of people are forecasting and I see that as the least likely scenario at this point.

Last edited by wig; 07-24-2011 at 05:18 PM..
wig is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote