View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:54 PM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
What do people expect him to say? Should he get up there and go, "Yep, we're fucked. Buy bullets, water, food and godspeed."
Depends. If there is a deeper problem than we are being told, at the very least he should give the people a heads up and tell them to maybe save a little more, get some extra food, or prepare for the worst that may not ever come. And I'm sure that can be said in a manner that doesn't cause panic. But blowing smoke up their ass is wrong.

People are told to take shelter and prepare if a hurricane or tornado is coming. US citizens who live abroad are given alerts all the time (via embassy website) if the country we are in is having issues or a dangerous situation is possible, often telling us areas to avoid. So why can't they advise the people to prepare for a financial disaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmonsters View Post
People want him to fail and are praying for it.

He can kill the key terrorist that other presidents couldn't get but look how
hard it was for many people to congratulate him.

I'm going to vote for Obama again for sure but I'll actually be glad when he's no
longer president because it's been a long 3 years of listening to people bitch,
moan and whine about fake drama concerning him.

People act like they are really concerned about the economy but a few months
ago they were only concerned with a birth certificate that had already been
provided. They are really only concerned about fake drama to damage Obama.

Are things better or worse since he has been in office?

Regardless of who passed the buck to him, it has to stop with him. He even said so himself. What he does or doesn't do with the current situation defines his ability to be a good president/leader.

All the other BS aside, everything is happening on his watch and it ultimately falls in his lap.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote