View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 AM  
Doug of Montreal
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
I know, in my niche, I've seen review sites give high scores to dead sites with like 20 updates ever, while dinging photography sites which update daily. And I never see text even mentioned in scoring and only occasionally in the review itself.

Is there anything a frustrated webmaster can do to address this?
Hey Amelia! Yes, I think there are things you can do to mitigate the damage. When you submit, leave notes for the reviewer on the type of site it is and what audience it's targeting. Even if they don't like the angle, or their scoring criteria is set up to favour a different type of site, a good reviewer will add your points into the review.

Really, it's just about giving the reader all the tools to make up their own mind. That's why bad scoring reviews still sell. Users have enough info to be able to think and make decisions for themselves. You just need to work with the review sites to ensure the important points are covered. I don't think most would have a problem with that as long as they can still have their editorial judgement as well.

SKYPE: dougrabbit ICQ (only if you don't have SKYPE!): 267359201 Twitter: @DougOfRabbits
Doug of Montreal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote