View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM  
ArsewithClass
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by will76 View Post
I made similar mistakes over the years on other types or projects. Keep it simple stupid. Fix things up as you go. Launch and prove the concept works and you will be successful at it. If you keep delaying and pushing back making money to make sure your project is 100% perfect (sorry you can launch with out sound proof walls, showers etc...) then you just keep dumping money into something that you don't even know you will make a penny from.

For that matter you could have started a lot smaller or out of your home, with 1 chat host to test things. But instead, you jumped right to build full blown studios probably nicer than what some of the companies out there right now are using that are making a lot of money. Instead you went from no experience with live cam chathosts to wanting a full blown studio, from 0 - 100 with out trying to take any baby steps and learning.

Those things can be done, if need, later. Throw it together best you can, make some money, prove the concept, then fix the shit up as you go. The last thing you want to do is spend several more months of spending more money, making none, to get the building *perfect* and then flip the switch and you idea fails.

Some people get way way too caught up in the building (<- verb not noun) part, I know I was one of them. This is a combination of procrastination and being anal IMO.

:

Here is some more advice, be impressed with how much money your business is making not how lovely the facilities are. Classic cart before the horse. You have no idea if you will have success as a cam studio owner, you hope and continue to pour in money. You will learn that is the stupid way to manage your money (err lose it). Again, I can be critical because I learned some of these lessons the hard way. If the project fails, at the end of the day and all your savings are gone, the building gone, etc... would you rather have some of that money back or the memory of that nice wash room and sound proof walls etc.
Nah, its all good bro. I have had experience in livecam from myself and my partner. Also, my first studio was a garage conversion on the side of the home. Now my partner leased a large shop of which we needed to convert several rooms, so to make them soundproof from the start was a logical approach. For us to get a few models in, get the working and then find they are annoyed with sound from the room next to it, would have been a major problem. Also, the shower is important, most models walk from studios as they obviously want to work in hygenic surroundings. We have it pretty much nearly there, now all I need is a platform to work on with our own website. This can await for my money to build from our studio using other livecam sites to begin... this is the baby step that I know is important
The question that im considering at the moment is whether our studio uses regular models so we can create their own solo sites also, or keeping it as different models with the possible paysite of many girls.
ArsewithClass is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote