View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:00 AM  
tommy730
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
I've got a domain that I've had for years and I never really did anything with it (I guess I couldn't figure out how to make money with it). It is:

boobieparade.com

Is it worth anything? Should I try to sell it on Sedo? Thoughts?
Thanks,
Soup

Develop it or start getting in contact with end users in the niche of tits and hope one of them really like it. Personally I think it would be a hard sell, maybe mid/high xx if enduser marketed. I doubt anyone will come contacting you for a sizeable offer through whois or sedo imho.

Good luck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntrade View Post
Hi, I was wondering. How you what a domain is really worth?
Isn't it just what a buyer is willing to give, or when he needs it for a project. Or is it about the power of the name / branding.

Would a name be relevant for a good known website?
There's a few factors to determine the value of a domain.

- The more common and recognizeable the phrase to a niche the better. Brandable domains can be valueable but you're going to have to find end-users with the intentions on developing it. These you can't really determine a value, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Common/generic terms you can estimate a value for it compared to past sales, competition, size of potential target audience.

- The popularity of the keywords in the domain: Is your domain an exact-phrase of something peoople are already searching for? Are you getting type-in traffic?

- How short is the domain and how easy is it to remember? How identifiable is it? Does it describe the content of the website well?

- Does it sound good read and/or spoken? Would it look nice on a banner ad?

These are just some of the things I personally look into.
tommy730 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote