View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM  
Cyber Fucker
Hmm

Industry Role:
Location: On an endless road around the world for rock and roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
It's certainly possible. You can put a javascript: url into a bookmark and run it by clicking the button in your bookmarks bar. I use some Javascript which finds links and does some checking on rhe format if the links. You could then pass the url directly to xmlhttprequest or make it easier by using jquery. You've then pass the response back through your link parsing routine to check for the reciprocal link.
Interesting approach... however, it cannot use browser bookmarks... I'm building a tool that will be on a website, and many users will be using it. I would like to offload my server though, if the queries may be done on client-side then there is no reason for me to rip my own server which can also lead to blocking its IPs within various places and abuse. If I will not find a proper client-side solution that could be combined into the website I will have to put it on some external VPS cause I cannot afford any problems with the main server.

Last edited by Cyber Fucker; 11-30-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Cyber Fucker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote