View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM  
stocktrader23
Let's do some business.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWB View Post
You are 100% correct. All of us have some connection to something or someone that has a nefarious past or present. Self included. I've done business with some people who turned out to be real shit bags.

But you can't simplify it and say it's just about buying "some tubes" that were running illegally. It's bigger than that. Those sites have assisted in devastating a lot of the adult industry, and continue to do so today. I can't believe someone could even try to debate that fact. They have always been and continue to be a cancer, even if you can get some sales from them, because the sales you lost from them are much, much greater than anything you will ever get in return.

I've used the analogy in the past of being molested as a kid by your uncle, only to have him move into your house and eat at your dinner table every night, all the while your parents who beat you for accusing him of molesting you, try to convince you of what a good guy he is. The fact is, it doesn't matter how good he may be now, he molested you.
What they did before they were bought by Manwin is not important. I am not 100% in tune with what Manwin is doing to clean them up but if you expect them to do more than the law provides you are asking for too much. You can't do more than the law provides while operating a site like that or you put yourself in danger. Responding correctly to DMCA's is all they can really do without opening up a can of worms. Of course you'll say that they could use their own content but that would defeat the purpose of owning a tube site in the first place which right now is a legitimate and legal business model whether we like it or not.

Hands Free Adult - Join Once, Earn For Life

"I try to make a habit of bouncing my eyes up to the face of a beautiful woman, and often repeat “not mine” in my head or even verbally. She’s not mine. God has her set aside. She’s not mine. She’s His little girl, and she needs me to fight for her by keeping my eyes where they should be."
stocktrader23 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote