View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Depending on what you want you can look in the help wanted/for hire section here on GFY or in the services section. Make a post and you will get a ton of responses. half of them will be flakes or just want to make some quick cash.

1) Never prepay, but pay weekly or bi-weekly. This prevents them from slacking off and trying to rush around payday.

2) Most filipinos will hold down a few jobs at once, without telling you. Its the easy way to aggregate money. They know they are much cheaper than US employees and chances are you won't be as upset if they are less productive than a US employee. Manage them well, a loyal Filipino employee can really help you.

3) Provide as much detail as you can with your projects. While they do speak English, it is not their first language. Chances are you will get frustrated if you expect them to "use common sense" and elaborate on a project from a very simple description. In time you will know them better and can adjust your project details accordingly

4) Use software like basecamphq.com to manage your projects and something like Timedoctor.com to track their work hours. You can thank me later.

I found this video to be useful, but obviously a little overkill. If you are new to outsourcing, this will help for sure:

http://www.noblesamurai.com/blog/out...-players-2717/
Excellent post Sharky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushBoobs View Post
THANK YOU - re my site. I Know it needs some love, I spent the last two years branding and slaving away for another model when I should have just kept Lushboobs.com up to date. It's having its' 10 year anniversary in a few months - considering a relaunch with fresh content... so much for producing instead of modeling =/

thank you for the advice! (and - am using elevated-x with non exclusive content purchased from around the world, to launch 6 new sites - which is why I need the help - ALL what you like - how did you say it, " floppy tit sites " lol ya those. )
Elevated X is great.

Heavy hangers make the world go round.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote